If you are looking to create a fun playroom space for your children – without spending a fortune, look no further than your own home. It is easy to decorate a perfect playroom by reusing and re-purposing existing items. Here are some inexpensive ideas:
Design a craft corner
Bring out your children’s natural creativity
- Paint an old table, and cover the sides with fabric. You can hide craft projects and supplies in large bins under the table.
- Turn baby wipe containers into storage boxes for small craft items. Your kids can paint and decorate the containers.
- Hang a bulletin board for displaying your children’s artwork.
Create a fort
Children love to play in private enclosed spaces
- Design a tented space with unused sheets and fabric.
- Make a cardboard house with your kids, using large boxes and lots of paint.
Section off areas of the room
Keep the kids organized while they’re having fun
- Place area rugs around the room to create separate areas for reading, crafts, games, and storage. Don’t worry about matching the rugs. Variety is more fun.
- Separate areas by hanging ribbons or fabrics from the ceiling.
- If you have hardwood floors, why not create sections by painting the floor. Use different colors for each area, or paint lines to create regions.
Go wild with paint!
Paint is an inexpensive way to add fun
- Find fun stencils, and paint a few objects on one wall.
- Paint the furniture to match the walls, and you have a perfectly coordinated room!
- Be bold and get creative with free-form painting on the walls. Clouds are always easy.
- Create a collage of your children’s paintings on one wall.
Remember that decorating a playroom is all about creating an environment that is fun for your children. Take pleasure in the process, and treasure the time with your kids.